Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Date night at Guy Savoy!

Last thursday night David made a reservation at Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace where we splurged on the thirteen course "Innovation" tasting. In addition to it being our choice for date night, it was also a celebration, I quit my juice cleanse! I ordered 18 juices from Pressed Juicery, prepared for a few days before, ate only raw the day before and then made it through a day and a half before being tempted at Arielle's bridal shower by the delicious Cafe Rio chicken enchiladas. I felt like a total failure but I also felt soooo satisfied by that first bite of actual food in days! The juices from Pressed are absolutely delicious I totally recommend their cleanses, I just couldn't deal with the headaches that are a part of the detoxing and non eating process. Some people don't experience this, I totally did (maybe I wasn't drinking enough H2O). Either way it sounded amazing, I couldn't handle the fasting but if you have the will power check them out, David did the cleanse and continued to eat vegan for eleven days after his cleanse so its totally possible.



So for date night I wore a really cute American Apparel dress in "shiny peach", with a French Connection cardigan (last season) but there is a similar one here, I paired a black skinny belt and black thigh highs which gave it a little french flair. I also work mid rise brown booties from Zara (last season) but found similar ones from Nordstrom. I did a really girly look when it came to hair and makeup and I really like how it all came together, I think it was a feminine effortless look with a little grunge flair with the cardigan and boots. A "fall look" for sure!









2 comments:

  1. You can totally wear everything! It fits perfect on you...and your best accessory: littl Lili in her super cute PJ!
    This cleansing process sounds very interesting and yummy (fresh juice!!!). Although I don't know if I could get throug it, or if my stomach strikes on the second day.
    Love reading your blog (Especially the zoo part!), keep on writing!
    xxx Angeli

    ReplyDelete